Monday, January 20, 2014

Ananth

Born at Bangalore on the 22nd September, 1942  in the threatening times of World war II.  My pre schooling surprisingly as of other friends was started at Ramakrishna mission Pre School at Habibulla road, T’Nagar continued further at New school at Gopalapuram. Can you all believe I learnt Sanskrit here for a year?  Then my schooling went to places like Sivaganga, Tiruchi, and Pollachi where my father was posted as government doctor. My PUC was at Pollachi , where by shear luck I think , I scored distinction in Maths and Logic.  This probably helped this poor boy from a rural area to secure admission into engineering college.  The way in which the city boys were prepared for the interview, I thought I stand NO chance in getting admitted to engineering course. But I made it!

I do not know how many of you remember that I was the Class representative of C&D batch.  I still retain a typed list of all classmates in this batch with their numbers.

My first assignment was with Armcess engineers at Guindy where I learnt the art of tool design and tool making. I left them after my five year contract period to join MICO,Bangaloe (Now Bosch India)  as Junior engineer in charge of process planning of few parts of Fuel injection pump.

No turning back after that , and patiently I claimbed every step of hierarchy there which got increased every time I claimbed one due to structure revisions. After a very successful stint with MICO and visiting deciplines like process planning, Quality control, Method improvements, etc  I retired as DGM in charge of Corporate Planning of Investments in April 2001.

I was surprised when I got a call from Siemens VDO Automotive LTD to head their Production Engineering department as  GM, which I continued till I voluntarily relinquished ,after completing their shifting Project to Bommasandara, Bangalore , on November 2008 as the Associate Vice President.

I am happily married to Nalini, who is the Principal of a College and School run by Shantiniketana Trust , at BTM layout Bangalore. The college and school put together has 10000 students.

Our eldest daughter, Nanditha is an Instumentation enginerr, married to a Mechanical engineer from our college, presently settled in USA. They have a daughter and son.

Our second daughter Smitha is an Arichitect married to a Mechanical engineer, settled in Mumbai,  My SIL is a Technical director of a firm which supplies roof lamps, tail lamps etc as OE to TATA Motors and others.  Their plants at Maharashtra are located at Rabele and Badalapur. They have a baby son.


No comments:

Post a Comment