K. Ramakrishnan (Mechanical)
Currently Academic Adviser,
Indian Public School and TIPSGLOBAL Institute,
Sep 1943: Arrival at Planet Earth; Papanasam Hydro Electric Project Camp, Tirunelveli Dist.
June ’47: Saroja Palika Ele. School, Kodambakkam
1952: 5th Std completion at R K M Elementary School,
Griffith Rd, T.
Nagar, Chennai; (T.C. Ravindran (Elec) was a classmate here)
1958: SSLC; Ramakrishna Mission H School,
Buzzullah Road, T. Nagar, Chennai
, Chennai; Loyola
(Koteeswaran and R N Srinivasan were here too)
Entered the portals of
. Roll No. 697; College
of Engineering Guindy
696- Abdul Qudus Mir; 698: Lakshminarayanan; 699: V. Muthuswamy (T. Nagar) partners in some lab / workshop sessions
May ’64: Joined Esso Eastern Inc and posted at Trichy.
· Feb ’67: Transferred to Visakapatnam;
· Jul ’69: Joined IIMA on study leave;
· Sep ’70: Joined U of
Hawaii, as East-West Scholar. Honolulu
· Jun ‘71:
; Columbia University NY, USA
· Oct 71: U of
· Feb ’72: Back at Esso, Mumbai
· Feb ’74: IIMB as Asst. Professor
· Mar ’75: Penn State U for Ph.D
· Dec ’76: Married Shyamala – Sister of LRS of GE64 (Elec)
· Sep ’77: Asst. Prof,
; Bowling Green State University, Ohio,
· Oct ’78: Back at IIMB sans Ph.D
· Jul ’80: Madras Inst. Of Dev. Studies;
Chief, Evaluation Unit: Evaluating National Adult Education Programme. Learnt a lot about rural Tamilnadu and problems of development / poverty alleviation.
· Aug ’85: Professor, later Director,
/ Distance Education; School of Management
Syndicate Member and looked after VC’s functions for several months.
· Mar ’05: Visiting Professor, North Eastern
Shillong Hill University
· Aug ’06 - : Director, Asian
, Tiruvananthapuram. School
· Involved with voluntary sector particularly in the field of education and development.
See my blog “Life After Guindy” at www.ramkishyam.blogspot.com